Show your pets some love with Grain-Free Pumpkin Coconut Dog Treats, made entirely from ingredients you already have in your kitchen!
- 1 15-ounce can Meijer 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 1/2 cup True Goodness Creamy Just Peanuts Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup True Goodness Pure Coconut Oil, melted
- 4 True Goodness Organic Cage-Free Eggs
- 1 teaspoon True Goodness Organic Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon True Goodness Organic Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups coconut flour, plus additional for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, peanut butter, coconut oil, and eggs until smooth.
- Add in the turmeric, cinnamon, and coconut flour. Mix until well combined. Let rest for about five minutes to thicken.
- Dump the dough out onto a surface well-coated in coconut flour. Sprinkle top liberally with more coconut flour, and then roll until about 1/4” thick. Cut using cooking cutters, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Combine the dough scraps and re-roll until all dough is gone.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-55 minutes, or until the cookies are dry and hard. Let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a month.
- This is a very soft dough to work with! Don’t be skimpy with adding coconut flour when rolling.
- For an optional (cute!) glaze, mix together 1/4 cup peanut butter with 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil. Place in a ziptop bag, snip off the corner, and drizzle on. The glaze will harden in the fridge, but might be a bit soft at room temperature. Keep the biscuits unglazed if planning on packaging.
Keywords: pets, dog treats, homemade gifts