Goodnight Gelatin is a cherry-flavored all-natural sleep aid that can help you drift off to dreamland.
- Pour two cups of water into a large saucepan (at least 2 1/2 quarts) over medium-low heat. In three batches, add in the Natural Calm, whisking constantly until completely dissolved. The water should look clear with a few bubbles.
- Add in the remaining water, cherry juice concentrate, and honey. Stir until well-combined.
- Sprinkle the gelatin over top of the juice mixture. Whisk until completely dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Pour into four ounce serving containers (jelly jars work great), or pour into a large bowl. Refrigerate until solid—about four hours.
- Enjoy 4 ounces (1/2 cup) as a nightcap dessert to help lull you into sleep.
- IMPORTANT: Magnesium supplementation can cause loose bowels in those not acclimated to it. This recipe results in a full dose (2 teaspoons/350mg of magnesium) of Natural Calm per four ounce jello serving. If you are new to taking Natural Calm, I recommend stepping up to the full dose. You can either reduce the amount in the recipe to 1/4 or 1/3 cup, or just eat a smaller serving of the gelatin.
- This recipe is formulated for adults, please adjust the magnesium dosage based on your child’s age.
- I like to use four-ounce glass jelly jars to store this in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
- Category: Home Remedy
Keywords: home remedy, dessert, snack, cherry