Cool off with some fruity, frozen cocktails! These Frozen Cucumber Strawberry Margaritas are super refreshing and crazy tasty. Leave out the tequila and triple sec for a virgin slushie!
For the Simple Syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2–3 ice cubes
For the Margaritas
- 2 cups frozen, hulled whole strawberries
- 1/2 large cucumber, peeled and seeds removed, cut into large chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes worth)
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) triple sec
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) tequila
- Sea salt, lime wedges, and cucumber slices, for garnish
- To make the simple syrup: in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar and water. Stir and heat until the sugar is just dissolved, about two minutes. Remove from heat, drop ice cubes in, and set aside to cool.
- To make the margaritas: in a high-powered blender, combine the strawberries, cucumber, lime juice, triple sec, and tequila. Blend on high until very smooth. Add in the cooled simple syrup, and blend until just combined.
- Pour some sea salt onto a small saucer. Then run a lime wedge around the rim of a glass. Dip the glass’s rim into the sea salt, making sure every section is well-coated in salt.
- Fill the glass with the margarita, and then garnish with lime wedges and cucumber slices.
Depending on how sweet your strawberries are (and how sweet you like your cocktails), you might get away with using less simple syrup or even none at all.