–Entries on this contest are now CLOSED. Thanks for participating!–
When it comes to Halloween produce, I think pumpkin pretty much has the market cornered. Pumpkin coffee. Pumpkin candy. Pumpkin cake. Pumpkin chili. Pumpkin carving. Pumpkin centerpieces.
But Frieda’s (a speciality produce company) is doing it’s darndest to change that Pumpkinoverload by introducing the world to a whole collection of other kinds of spooky, freaky and Halloween-tastic produce. Like the spiky Kiwano melon, which tastes like a combo of lime, banana and cucumber (yum!). Or Black Garlic—garlic bulbs that have been fermented and result in a chewy, mild, sweet garlic flavor. Scariest of all? The Ghost Chile! Which is twice as hot as a Habenero pepper! Not for the scaredy cats. Frieda’s sells their produce in most major grocery store chains across the U.S.
Frieda’s offered to give away one sampler box of their spooky produce (which includes a mixture of the above items, plus a few other fun items) to one lucky Wholefully reader! Woohoo!
- PRIZE: One Spooky Produce sample box from Frieda’s Speciality Produce.
- TO ENTER: Comment on this post and tell me what spooky specialities you’ll be whipping up in the kitchen for this Halloween.
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Tuesday, October 30th, 2012 at Noon (12pm) EST
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
- ELIGIBLE FOLKS: Sorry, international readers, this one is for U.S. Residents, aged 18 and over only. I try to snag as many international giveaways as a can. Maybe next time!
- WINNER ANNOUNCED: Wednesday, October 31st, 2012 on this here post!
- LEGALESE: To enter you must be 18 or older. Winner will be chosen by random drawing from the pool of comments on this post. To be considered for the prize, you must provide a valid email address. One entry per email address. Once a winner is notified and verified, Frieda’s, Inc. will be provided with the contact information of the winner and they will be responsible for prize fulfillment. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. To enter, leave a comment on this post. No purchase necessary to win. Entries will close on Tuesday, October 30, 2012 at noon (EST). The winner will be contacted by email on or before Wednesday, October 31, 2012. If the winner does not claim the prize within seven days, the original winner forfeits the prize and a second random entry will be chosen from the pool. This contest is sponsored by Frieda’s, Inc. of California and is void where prohibited by law.
- DISCLOSURE: In exchange for this blog post, as well as posting this giveaway, I was compensated with a sampler pack of produce. My review of the product was not biased or influenced in any way by this compensation.