This Slow Cooker Fall Apart Chicken is the easiest way to get tender and moist chicken on the table the whole family will enjoy!
- 1 roasting chicken, rinsed and patted dry (make sure it fits in your slow cooker)
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 lemon, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Season the skin and inside the cavity of the chicken liberally with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the onion, lemon, garlic, thyme, and rosemary inside the cavity.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and cover. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, depending on the size of the bird, until meat is tender and literally falling off the bones.
To make the chicken skin crispy, carefully transfer the cooked bird onto a baking sheet or pan and place under the oven broiler for 3-5 minutes. Alternatively, you can leave the chicken in the slow cooker ceramic carafe and put the carafe under the broiler for 3-5 minutes.