These dairy-free egg cups feature a shredded sweet potato crust topped with brightly-flavored fresh chives.
Gluten-free, Paleo, AIP, Dairy-Free, Grain-Free
- Cooking spray
- 1 small sweet potato
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Liberally spray six cups of a regular size muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Using the large holes in a box grater, grate the entire sweet potato (you should get about 1 1/2 cups of grated sweet potato). Scoop 1/4 cup of grated sweet potato into the bottom of each greased muffin cup. Press down to form a crust.
- Carefully break an egg into each cup. Evenly divide the chives over top of each cup.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Sprinkle evenly over the egg cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes (for a soft yolk) or 12-15 minutes (for a hard yolk). Let cool for 10 minutes in the muffin tin, then use a knife to loosen the sides of the cups and lift them out with a spoon.