Give the gift of self care this holiday season with this DIY All-Natural Honey Lavender Moisturizing Shave Lotion. It leaves skin silky and smooth, and only costs a few dollars to make.
- 1/2 cup almond or olive oil
- 1/3 cup liquid castile soap
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a pump or squeeze bottle.
- To use: Shake well, then pump or squeeze a liberal amount onto your hands. Lather slightly, then slather onto skin. Shave as usual, then rinse down the drain.
- Lavender is a great plant for soothing and nourishing the skin, but if lavender scent isn’t your jam, sandalwood would also be excellent! Just make sure to avoid citrus essential oils like lemon and orange. Citrus can cause the skin to be more sensitive to sunlight.
- The vitamin E in this oil acts as a preservative—it’ll pretty much never expire.
- Category: DIY Beauty
Keywords: DIY beauty, shave lotion, all-natural, honey, homemade gifts