Combine your favorite omelet with your favorite breakfast casserole in this Denver Omelet Breakfast Bake. It can be made the night before for an easy houseguest breakfast!
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 slices Dave’s Killer Bread White Bread Done Right, cut into 1″ chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 13 x 9 casserole dish liberally with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, dry mustard, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a very large mixing bowl, toss together the onion, green and red bell pepper, ham, cheddar cheese, and bread cubes.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread mixture and stir to mix. Pour into the prepared baking pan and even out.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until the casserole begins to puff up a bit, the top is golden brown, and the middle feels set. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
I used whole cow’s milk for this recipe, but any unsweetened milk will do—almond, soy, etc. I’d avoid coconut milk because of the added sweet flavor.