Think healthy fudge is an oxymoron? Not true! This Dark Chocolate Coconut Oil Fudge is naturally sweetened, dairy-free, vegan, and packed with nutrients and healthy fats.
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Unsweetened shredded coconut, for garnish
- Line a small square dish (I use this small square glass food storage container—it’s perfect for this batch size) with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, honey or maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt until very smooth.
- Pour mixture into the prepared dish. Refrigerate until solid, about an hour, then sprinkle the shredded coconut on top, and cut into 9 small pieces. If you’re in a hurry, pop it in the freezer and you’ll be ready to go in about half the time—although you might need to use a knife ran under hot water to cut through it.
I don’t recommend making this any of the “regular” size baking pans, because the resulting fudge will be very thin (this is a small batch recipe). I like using asmall square food storage container. If you happen to have a mini muffin tin, you can also use that for pre-portioned fudge bites.