Make up all the elements for these Curried Sweet Potato Breakfast Bowls ahead of time, and then just assemble right before serving for a super quick and healthy breakfast!
For the Sweet Potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
For the Spinach
- 1 slice bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
For the Bowls
- 2 cups cooked farro
- 4 poached eggs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the olive oil, curry powder, garlic powder, and salt. Add in the sweet potatoes and toss to coat.
- Spread the sweet potatoes out in one layer on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until they are tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare the spinach by cooking the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the bacon has released some of the fat, add in the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook until the bacon is crisp and the garlic is tender.
- Add in the spinach and salt, and then toss to coat in the bacon grease. Sauté until the spinach is wilted.
- To assemble the bowls, place the sweet potatoes and spinach on top of a bed of the farro. Then top with two runny poached eggs. Top with freshly cracked pepper and salt.
- You can easily make this dish vegetarian by leaving out the bacon, and instead sautéing the spinach in coconut or olive oil.
- To save yourself some time at breakfast, make the farro, sweet potatoes, and spinach in advance and refrigerate in sealed containers. Gently reheat while the eggs are poaching.
Keywords: breakfast, sweet potatoes, whole grains, eggs