This Greek Quinoa Salad is the perfect vegetarian lunch or a great healthy side dish! Make up a batch on the weekend and eat on it all week long.
- 1 cup quinoa (recommended: Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded (if preferred) and diced
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 loose cup fresh parsley, minced OR 3 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 cup kalamata olives, halved
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled or cubed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan stir together quinoa and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil over high heat, stir once, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Then fluff with a fork.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooked quinoa, cucumber, tomatoes, red pepper, parsley, onion, olives and feta.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, dill, salt, pepper, honey and lemon juice. Pour over salad and stir to combine. Refrigerate for at least a half hour to allow flavors to meld.
- Category: Entrees
Keywords: entrees, sides, lunch, quinoa, whole grains, vegetables