Cilantro lime brown rice– a squeeze of lime, a touch of butter, and a handful of cilantro, turns blah brown rice into something pretty amazing.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups brown basmati rice
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 1/2 cup loosely-packed cilantro, minced
- In a saucepan, heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add rice and stir to coat.
- Add in water, salt, lime juice and lime zest. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-35 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 5-10 minutes. Fluff rice with a fork, then stir in the chopped cilantro. Serve with lime wedges for spritzing on top of individual servings.
- Category: Sides