This Chickpea and Cauliflower Curry is packed with exotic flavor, but only takes about 20 minutes to come together from start to finish thanks to using curry paste. You can find curry paste in the international food section of most supermarkets!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2–4 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1–14 ounce can coconut milk
- 1–15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1–15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Rice, cauliflower rice, and/or naan for serving
- Heat the coconut oil and curry paste in a large skillet over medium-high heat, until the oil is melted and the curry paste is fragrant.
- Add in the ginger, onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Cook until the veggies are tender and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk, chickpeas, diced tomatoes, and cauliflower. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until the cauliflower is tender and the sauce is thick and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cilantro and season with salt and pepper. Serve over top of cooked rice with a side of hot naan for serving. Serve over cauliflower rice to keep it grain-free.
- Category: Entrees
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, dinner, curry