Cashews + nutritional yeast combine to make magic in this vegan Cashew Alfredo Sauce.
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Place cashews in a bowl or jar (I like using a wide-mouth quart mason jar) and cover with water. Let soak overnight (at least 6 hours).
- Once soaking is finished, drain and rinse the cashews, and place in the basin of a high-powered blender. Add in 3/4 cup water, garlic, nutritional yeast, and sea salt and blend on high until very smooth—about three minutes. Pour over hot pasta and toss to coat.
- Store in covered container in the fridge for up to 10 days. The dressing will get thicker as it cools.
Quick soak method: Cover cashews with boiling water and let sit 1 hour before proceeding.
Super quick method: Place cashews and three cups of water in a saucepan, bring to a boil and continue boiling for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse before proceeding.
Reserve some of the pasta cooking water to thin out the sauce if needed. This sauce does tend to thicken up as it cools.