While you may think of ranch as junk food, this Cashew Ranch Dressing is anything but!
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons mayo (vegan mayo is fine)
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill or 1 teaspoon fresh minced dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives or 1 tablespoon fresh minced chives
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Place cashews in a bowl or jar (I like using a wide-mouth quart mason jar) and cover with water. Let soak overnight (at least 6 hours).
- Once soaking is finished, drain and rinse the cashews, and place in the basin of a high-powered blender. Add 1/2 cup of water, the mayo, the lemon juice and zest, the apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, dill, chives and salt and blend on high until very smooth—about three minutes.
- Store in covered container in the fridge for up to 10 days. The dressing will get thicker as it cools.
Quick soak method: Cover cashews with boiling water and let sit 1 hour before proceeding.
Super quick method: Place cashews and three cups of water in a saucepan, bring to a boil and continue boiling for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse before proceeding.