Rosemary roasted Brussels sprouts, parsnips, and carrots are a super easy and simple healthy side dish for your holiday dinners!
- 8 carrots, peeled, and cut into diagonal slices
- 3 large parsnips, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 6 clove garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine the carrots and parnsips in a saucepan, cover with water. Bring to a boil, and simmer until the veggies are just tender (but still crunchy). Drain. Alternatively, you can place the carrots and parsnips in a microwave-safe bowl with 1/4 water and microwave for 7-8 minutes until the veggies are tender.
- Combine the carrots, parnsips, and Brussels sprouts in a large bowl, add in the olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Spread veggies in one layer on a large baking sheet (you might need two, you don’t want to crowd them or they’ll steam instead of roast). Roast in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, stirring a few times, until the veggies are tender and brown. Taste, and add more salt if necessary before serving.