This Blueberry Basil Vodka Tonic is a summer cocktail that uses the best flavors of the season! You can even skip the vodka and still have a tasty mocktail.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries, plus extra for garnish
- 4 large basil leaves, plus extra for garnish
- Tonic Water
- Combine the sugar, water, blueberries, and basil leaves in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, and continue to boil until the blueberries have popped and the sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a heat-proof container, and then chill until cold.
- To make cocktails: fill a high ball glass (or a pint Mason jar!) with ice, add in two tablespoons of the blueberry-basil syrup, followed by 1 1/2 ounces of vodka. Fill to top with tonic water. Garnish with extra blueberries and basil leaves, if desired.