This hearty salsa makes a wonderful summertime meal – just add chips!
- 2 cups cooked seasoned black beans (drained well)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes worth)
- Salt, to taste
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Combine all ingredients, except for the tortilla chips, in a large bowl, and toss to coat. Taste for seasoning, adding more salt if necessary.
- Let salsa meld for at least 10 minutes before serving with tortilla chips.
If you don’t have time to make your seasoned black beans from scratch, you can also buy them from a can in the grocery store. Check out the brands in the international foods aisles for the best flavor.
- Category: Vegetarian