Beans and rice are a classic combo because they are affordable, packed full of balanced nutrition, easy-to-make, and über tasty!
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked seasoned black beans
- 1/2 cup fresh pico de gallo salsa
- Avocado, cilantro, sour cream, lime, etc., for topping
- In a large bowl, layer the brown rice and black beans together. Top with pico de gallo salsa.
- You can stop here (it’s deliciously simple!) or top with your favorite toppings like avocado, cilantro, sour cream, and fresh lime juice.
If you don’t have time to make your seasoned black beans from scratch, you can also buy them from a can in the grocery store. Check out the brands in the international foods aisles for the best flavor.