Add some kick to your game day party with this cheesy, spicy, and smoky Bacon Sriracha Queso. You’ll be shocked how easy queso is to make at home!
- 3 slice bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2-4 tablespoons Sriracha hot chile sauce (depending on how hot you want it)
- 6 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces grated pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Cook the bacon in a medium-sized sauce pan over medium high heat until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to a plate, leaving the bacon grease in the pan.
- Add in the onion and garlic, and cook until fragrant and tender, about five minutes. Sprinkle the flour over top of the onion and garlic, and stir. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the flour just begins to darken.
- Whisk in the milk and Sriracha sauce. Bring to a simmer, and simmer until thick and bubbly, just a few minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in the cheeses, salt, and cooked bacon until the cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips
You can use whatever (unsweetened, unflavored) kind of milk you like. I like to use almond milk, because the nutty flavor is a really nice background to the queso!