This Pumpkin Spice Coconut Breakfast Porridge meets all the requirements of the AIP diet, but is so delicious, you won’t feel like you’re missing out on anything!
- 1 14-ounce can pumpkin puree (about 1 1/2 cups worth)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (this is my favorite brand)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Blueberries, coconut flakes, maple syrup, and/or coconut milk, for serving
- Combine the pumpkin puree, banana, coconut flour, shredded coconut, water, coconut milk, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in a medium size saucepan over low heat.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thickened to the consistency of oatmeal.
- Spoon into serving bowls and top with blueberries, coconut flakes, maple syrup, coconut milk—whatever makes you happy!
- If you aren’t eating AIP, add 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg to really round out the pumpkin spice flavor.
- This is very lightly sweetened on it’s own—it really shines topped with some hot maple syrup!
- Coconut porridge tends to go from too-thin to too-thick in a heartbeat, so if you need to thin it out, just add a touch more water.
- If you’re in the AIP reintroduction phase, this is really good with a little puddle of ghee on top.
- This is a GREAT meal prep recipe—think of it like overnight oats, but without the oats! Double or triple the recipe, store in wide-mouth pint glass jars with plastic caps, and then grab-and-go before work or school. You can eat it cold or nuke it for a few minutes.
- Category: Breakfast