These Spicy Black Bean Burgers are a classic in our house! Full of flavor, easy to make, and the perfect freezer meal—these burgers will become a staple in your kitchen, too.
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat, set aside.
2. In the basin of a food processor, combine 2 cups of the black beans, bell pepper, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, hot sauce, and salt. Pulse until the mixture forms a smooth, thick paste—scraping the sides as necessary. Don't have a food processor? Check the recipe notes for an alternative method. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl.
3. Add in the remaining black beans, the eggs and 1 cup of the breadcrumbs, mix well. Continue adding breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup at a time, until the mixture can easily be formed into patties.
4. Form the mixture into six large patties and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the burgers begin to brown, feel firm, and start to crack on top. Serve immediately or freeze.
5. To freeze, let burgers cool completely, then freeze flat on a baking sheet until solid, about 3 hours. Transfer to a labeled zip-top freezer bag. Will keep in the freezer for about 3 months. Defrost before heating in skillet, on grill, or in the oven.