For this week’s menu, I wanted to really focus on making our diet lean a little more toward the plant-based world. We’ve been steadily working our way through our stash of meat in the freezer (which has been awesome!) but I’d really like to be more cognizant of when we’re eating meat. If you look back at the past few of my WIAWs, you’ll notice that I’ve been eating meat at most of my meals. And while, that’s cool if that’s you thing, I’ve found that I feel my best and get in my most fruits and veggies when I keep the meat to a minimum. So this week, we’re all about being strong with the plants!
As always, if you’d like to refer to this post throughout the week, you can by clicking the big, honkin’ button in my sidebar for this week’s menu.
Onto this week’s eats…
I’ve been noticing that we’re focusing a lot more on quick breakfasts lately, so I figured I might as well go with that trend and put quick options on the docket for the week.
- Cereal with almond milk and a big selection of fruit
- Banana and berry protein smoothies (with homemade protein powder—more on that soon)
- Toast with peanut butter and fruit
Our fridge is actually still pretty packed from last weekend’s food prep (we ended up having more leftovers to eat on this week than I anticipated), so some of these are repeats, but there are a few new items in there, as well.
- Greek Quinoa Salad
- Salads in a Jar
- Black Bean Burgers
- Leftovers (whatever we have kicking around the fridge)
- Veggies with Hummus
I’ve been finding myself snacking a lot less now that I’m home all the time. I think, when I was working in an office, I used “snack time” as a way to break up the day. Now, I don’t need that break! But just in case, here are the snacks I have planned:
- Peanut Butter Cookie Date Balls
- Veggies with hummus
- Cereal with almond milk and fruit
- Stuffed Dates
A few folks asked me why I don’t do dinner prep when I do my weekly food prep routine, that’s because I love cooking dinner! Usually, right around when time comes for me to start on dinner happens to be time I’m ready to quit working for the day. Heading to the kitchen is a nice change of pace after a few hours in front of the computer or out in the garden.
- Friday: Roasted Veggie Pizza, Living Salad
- Saturday: Grilled Salmon with Peach Salsa, Green Beans
- Sunday: Portabella Fajitas (new recipe!)
- Monday: Penne with Creamy Sweet Potato Sauce, Simple Kale Salad (new recipe!)
- Tuesday: Baked Falafel Lettuce Wraps, Tabbouleh
- Wednesday: Stuffed Shells, Living Salad
- Thursday: Salmon Fish Sticks (new recipe!), Roasted Potatoes