–Entries on this contest are now CLOSED. Thanks for participating!–
As we chatted about yesterday, Thanksgiving is coming up at a super rapid clip and boy, do I have a kitchen gadget to give away today that will make your life so much easier! The amazing folks at BigKitchen.com are partnering with Wholefully again to give away a few awesome things this holiday season (stay tuned for another cool giveaway from them at the end of November).
To celebrate Thanksgiving, BigKitchen is giving away this super pimped-out, heavy duty, ass-kicking Endurance potato ricer. Never used a potato ricer? Well, it’s the key to pretty much the smoothest, silkiest, easiest mashed potatoes of your life. It’s basically a ginormous garlic press. Stick a cooked potato in, out comes fluffy, smooth mashed potato just asking for some butter, cream and a hefty dose of salt (please don’t undersalt your potatoes).
I used my potato ricer at Canadian Thanksgiving this year and it made super quick work of potatoes for 12 people. What would normally take some serious mashing time was done in a minute or two, and the results were totally lump-free and super smooth.
I’m not a big fan of kitchen unitaskers, and a while a potato ricer is meant to help with spuds, it has a million other uses. Need to squeeze out that frozen spinach? Put it in the potato ricer. Want to make gnocchi? The potato ricer is where it’s at. You can use it to puree almost any soft food (tomatoes, pumpkin, anything!) without any electric power.
If you can’t tell, I’m a big fan of my potato ricer. Ready to win one?
- PRIZE: One Endurance Jumbo Stainless Steel Potato Ricer
- TO ENTER: Comment on this post and tell me what you add to potatoes to make the perfect mashed potatoes.
- GIVEAWAY CLOSES: Tuesday, November 13th, 2012 at Noon (12pm) EST
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
- ELIGIBLE FOLKS: Sorry, international readers, this one is for U.S. Residents, aged 18 and over only. I try to snag as many international giveaways as a can. Maybe next time!
- WINNER ANNOUNCED: Wednesday, November 14th, 2012 on this here post!
- LEGALESE: To enter you must be 18 or older. Winner will be chosen by random drawing from the pool of comments on this post. To be considered for the prize, you must provide a valid email address. One entry per email address. Once a winner is notified and verified, BigKitchen will be provided with the contact information of the winner and they will be responsible for prize fulfillment. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning. To enter, leave a comment on this post. No purchase necessary to win. Entries will close on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 at noon (EST). The winner will be contacted by email on or before Wednesday, November 14, 2012. If the winner does not claim the prize within seven days, the original winner forfeits the prize and a second random entry will be chosen from the pool. This contest is sponsored by BigKitchen of Florida and is void where prohibited by law.
- DISCLOSURE: In exchange for this blog post, as well as posting this giveaway, I was compensated with a potato ricer. My review of the product was not biased or influenced in any way by this compensation.